BSc (Hons) Construction Project Management (Level 8)
Programme Code: SG_JCONS_K08
About Construction Management
Construction Project Management is a professional field that focuses on each part of the construction process of any built environment. The course at IT Sligo equips graduates with skills and knowledge in project management as well as an understanding of the business process and environment. Armed with such expertise, graduates will be prepared for decision making and undertaking executive responsibilities within a number of industries, such as; construction, energy, utilities, telecommunications, architecture, production, design and service industries.
Construction project managers are responsible for planning, co-ordination and control of a project from inception to completion. Their role is to deliver clients’ requirements in order to produce a functionally and financially viable construction project that will be completed on time, within budget and to the required quality and standards. Construction project managers, quantity surveyors and senior engineers require a combination of engineering knowledge, good business and organisational skills and a capacity for leadership in managing people and construction operations within the building process.
- Ability to manage the construction process and to meet the needs of clients within legal, financial and environmental constraints.
- Obtain a capacity for leadership in managing the building process.
- Management skills to plan, organise and control construction projects.
- Ability to contribute to the construction process in a manner that sustains and enhances the natural and built environments.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the business process and the necessary theoretical knowledge to match solutions to business problems.
About this Programme
Organisation of the Programme
- Project Finance and Economics
- Strategic Project Management
- Site Planning and Control
- Construction Law
- Projects and ICT
Graduates from this course will have the necessary technical skills to manage a group of employees in a modern dynamic construction business. By combining operations and construction project management skills, graduates will be ideally equipped to take up positions as construction project leaders or managers in a variety of disciplines including; construction, energy, utilities, telecommunications, architecture, production, design and service industries.
Download a PDF flyer here.
A level 7 qualification (min 50% average) in a related construction/engineering discipline. Work experience will also be taken into consideration.
Award: Level 8
Duration: 2 years
Fees: €4,200 per year, OR €700 per 5 credit module, €1,400 per 10 credit module
The closing date for completed applications is 1st September each year. Late applications may be accepted beyond this date up to 14th September depending on availability. The course is filled on a first come first served basis.
For further information contact:
- Paul Tansey
- Programme Coordinator
- + 353 (0)71 9155222